The following information is provided to assist students in adequately preparing for their visit to the Great Plains Veterinary Educational Center (GPVEC) . If you have further questions regarding your accommodations while staying at GPVEC please contact Debbie George at 402-762-4501 or email@example.com.
Residence Hall Suites
Each of the five residence hall suites are comprised of a kitchen, a living room, and two bedrooms with separate bathroom and walk-in closets. The floor plan of a suite is shown below.
Individual Room Configuration
Occupancy = 4
Occupancy = 5
Occupancy = 6
Occupancy = 6
Occupancy = 6
Each kitchen is furnished with appliances and kitchen utensils:
- Stove/oven (apartment size)
- Refrigerator (standard size)
- Dishwasher (detergent furnished)
- Table and chairs
- Coffee maker
- Plates, silverware, cups, glasses
- Cookware and basic utensils
- Paper towels
- Dish cloths and dish towels
Each living room includes:
- Flatscreen TV
- Landline telephone
- Couch and chair
- Wireless internet
Each bedroom (2/suite) includes:
- Extra long twin beds with sheets, blankets, pillow
- Desks and chairs
Each bathroom (2/suite) includes:
- Bath towels
- Tub/shower (shampoo/body soap provided)
- Hair dryers not provided
Each walk-in closet (2/suite) includes:
- Hangers and rod space for hanging clothing
- Ample storage area for luggage, shoes, and folded clothing
- High efficiency (he) washing machine and dryer available for street clothes (he detergent to be provided by students)
- Iron and ironing board available
- A separate washing machine and dryer are available for coveralls (detergent provided by GPVEC)
Reference Room (Library)
A wide variety of large animal/food animal textbooks are available in the GPVEC Reference Room which also houses a computer for student use. In addition each suite has a set of the following books:
- Diseases of Swine
- Sheep Production Handbook
- Current Veterinary Therapy Food Animal Practice
Items to bring
- Two pairs of coveralls
- Outerwear in winter (be prepared for outside work)
- Personal computer
- Food (keep in mind your lunch breaks may be short, <30 min.)*
- Laundry soap (he) for personal clothes*
* Western University students may purchase these items during the scheduled stop at a shopping center enroute to GPVEC. Additional shopping opportunities may be provided during the two week rotation.
Wireless internet access is available throughout the GPVEC building at no cost.
Depending on your cell phone carrier, phone reception in GPVEC and on the USMARC may be somewhat unreliable. Verizon is the primary carrier in this area. Landline phones are available for use in each residence hall suite with long distance access through pre-paid calling cards.
Cleaning supplies including vacuums are provided for routine housekeeping.
No alcohol or firearms are permitted on the USMARC or GPVEC.
Click for more information about the GPVEC Residence Guidelines.